Our Heartland Beef Mash is made using the freshest ingredients, prepared with love and care right here in San Francisco. With whole ingredients that even you could eat, we make sure to deliver the best nutrition with an incredible flavor.
In this recipe, you will find only what you see above: Russet potatoes, USDA inspected and approved ground beef, carrots, peas, eggs, and our NomNomNutrient blend. So what do those fresh ingredients mean for your dog? Let’s break it down.
Beef brings these necessary nutrients to the dog bowl.
- Protein: Beef is an excellent source of protein, which dogs literally can’t live without! Protein plays a role in just about everything from making enzymes, hormones, and other chemicals found in their bodies to repairing tissues and acting as a building blocks for bones, muscles, skin and blood!
- Vitamin B6 is not only needed for our dog’s brains to develop and function normally but also to aid in generating hormones which influence mood and regulate the body clock.
- Vitamin B12 keeps the nerve and blood cells in dogs healthy.
- Zinc keeps our dogs with an affinity for poo-sniffing safe as it helps the immune system fight off bacteria and viruses.
- Iron aids in the storage and transport of oxygen throughout your dog’s body.
- Phosphorus is found primarily as a building block for strong doggie bones and teeth, the better to chew their NomNomNow with!
- Niacin aids their bodies in converting food into fuel for energy. We apologize in advance as NomNomNow has been reported to spark random running in house sessions.
Potatoes pack an energy-producing, potassium punch with this nutrient blend.
- Potatoes are carbohydrates that keep your dog moving by providing the body with energy.
- Vitamin B6: Adding to the beef’s contribution, we have even more help for brains and hormones.
- Vitamin C keeps our dog’s moving by helping in the formation and maintenance of connective tissue, including bones, blood vessels, and skin.
- Potassium helps trigger the heart to squeeze blood throughout your dog’s body several THOUSAND times daily. But it doesn’t stop there! It also aids in muscle movement, nerve signaling, and blood filtering.
- Magnesium is the hall monitor regulating muscle and nerve function as well as blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Manganese is also multi-talented, playing a role in fat and carb metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation.
Carrots care, offering up this contribution.
- Vitamin A is important in supporting and maintaining eye health as well as aiding in immune function and playing an important role in bone development.
- Vitamin K’s biggest job is the role it plays in blood clotting but it is also essential to building strong bones.
- Fiber helps to slow digestion so that dog bodies have time to absorb the vital nutrients in food. It also passes through the digestive system, adding bulk to the stool keeping your dog regular.
- More potassium!
Peas provide some repeat offenders, and a few new must haves!
- More Vitamin A, C, K, & B6!
- Lots more fiber!
- More iron, magnesium, phosphorus, & manganese!
- Thiamin (also known as Vitamin B1) helps the body convert food to fuel to use for energy.
- Folate (another B vitamin) is needed by pooch cells for division and making DNA.
Eggs have eggs-actly what your dog needs!
- More calcium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus!
- And of course, protein!
For the good kind of fat.
- EPA (one of the two omega-3s found in fish oil), acts as an anti-inflammatory, helping with any conditions that inflame your dog’s heart, kidneys, skin, and joints.
- DHA (the other omega-3), assists with brain and eye development in growing dogs.
- Fish oil also helps with allergies, reducing itchy skin and dandruff, as well as minimizing hot spots. Coats grow thicker and softer, and tend to shed less.
Expertly formulated by our vet nutritionist.
- To top it all off, our vet nutritionist adds a healthy extra dose of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin HCl, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic acid, Vinegar, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Citric acid, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, and Molybdenum.
When combined, these ingredients are more than just a dream come true for your dog. They ensure your pup gets all the necessary nutrients, and none of the filler.