NomNomNow would like to introduce you to one of our recipes: Tasty Turkey Fare. In all of our home-cooked meals for dogs, we use only the best, whole ingredients, prepared hours before your meals are delivered to your door to ensure maximum freshness. No preservatives here (it’s never frozen, either). At NomNomNow, all of our meals are exactly what you see. Nothing more, nothing less.
Our Tasty Turkey Fare includes USDA inspected & approved ground turkey, brown rice, carrots, spinach, eggs, and our NomNomNow nutrient blend (made of fish oil and essential vitamins). Here’s why each ingredient made the cut, and how it contributes to your dog’s health and well-being.
Turkey touts a protein-powered arsenal of nutrients.
- Turkey is an excellent source of protein, an essential part of any dog’s diet. Protein plays a role in just about everything from making enzymes, hormones, and other chemicals found in the body, to repairing tissues, to acting as a building block for bones, muscles, skin and blood.
- Vitamin B6 is used for our dogs’ brains to develop and function normally, and it aids in generating hormones which influence mood and regulate the body clock.
- Phosphorus is a building block for strong doggie bones and teeth. Essential for digging into their NomNomNow.
- Zinc keeps our dogs with an affinity for poo-sniffing safe, as it helps the immune system fight off bacteria and viruses.
- Niacin aids your dog’s body in converting food into fuel for energy. We apologize in advance as NomNomNow has been reported to spark random running in house sessions.
- Selenium is an antioxidant that fights damaging free radicals that can contribute to heart disease and cancer in your dog. So we can keep our dogs around as long as possible.
Brown rice provides a bountiful energy source and a multitude of minerals.
- Brown rice is a carbohydrate that keeps your dog moving by providing the body with energy.
- Thiamin (also known as Vitamin B1) helps your dog’s body convert food to fuel to use for energy.
- Magnesium is the hall monitor regulating muscle and nerve function, as well as blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Manganese is also multi-talented, playing a role in fat and carb metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation.
- Plus, brown rice packs in more niacin, phosphorus, and selenium!
Eye-conscious carrots also offer healthy blood benefits.
- Vitamin A supports and maintains eye health in dogs, as well as assisting immune function. It also plays a valuable role in bone development for your dog.
- Potassium assists the heart in pumping blog throughout your dog’s body thousands of times per day. Plus, it assists in muscle development, nerve signaling, and blood filtering.
- Vitamin K’s biggest job is the role it plays in blood clotting, but it is also essential to building strong bones.
- Fiber helps to slow digestion so that your dog’s body has time to absorb the vital nutrients in their food. It also passes through the digestive system, adding bulk to the stool and keeping your dog regular.
Spinach helps with DNA synthesis and repair.
- Folate (another B vitamin) is needed by doggie cells for division and making DNA. Healthy cell reproduction can protect dogs from cancer-causing DNA changes.
- More Vitamins A & K, manganese, and dietary fiber!
Eggs double (and triple) up on healthy nutrients.
- More calcium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus!
- And of course, an extra dose of protein!
Fish oil adds the good kind of fat.
- EPA (one of the two omega-3s found in fish oil), acts as an anti-inflammatory, helping with any conditions that inflame your dog’s heart, kidneys, skin, and joints.
- DHA (the other omega-3), assists with brain and eye development in growing dogs.
- Fish oil also helps with allergies, reducing itchy skin and dandruff, as well as minimizing hot spots. Coats grow thicker and softer, and tend to shed less.
+ NomNomNow Nutrient Mix.
Our nutrient mix includes a few all-star vitamins to round out the meal.
- A healthy extra dose of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin HCl, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic acid, Vinegar, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Citric acid, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, and Molybdenum.
It’s so tasty and healthy, we might start eating it ourselves…