Vegetarian dogs, your perfect meal has arrived! Our newest NomNomNow offering is made with protein-packed and antioxidant-rich ingredients that deliver everything your dog needs without any meat. This lower-protein recipe is perfect for dogs with medical conditions and dietary restrictions, as well as for our plant-loving four-legged friends.
What will you find in our Egg & Veggie Medley? Just the ingredients you see above: cage-free eggs, firm tofu, teff, carrots, green beans, dried mulberries, bamboo shoots, chia seeds, coconut oil, and our NomNomNutrient Mix. Here’s why our veterinary nutritionist Dr. Justin Shmalberg selected each powerful ingredient, and how it benefits your dog’s health.
Cage-free eggs provide the centerpiece to the meal with the protein, calcium, iron & zinc that your dog needs.
- Protein helps your dog’s body make enzymes, hormones, and other chemicals that the body needs to repair tissues and act as a building block for bones, muscles, skin, and blood!
- Calcium creates a foundation for strong bones, while also functioning to help blood clot and muscles contract.
- Iron plays a role in the storage and transport of oxygen throughout the body, which aids blood circulation.
- Zinc helps the immune system stay strong to fight off viruses and bacteria.
- Phosphorus acts as a building block for strong bones and teeth, and helps the body process calcium.
Packed with countless vitamins & minerals, this vegetarian protein provides incredible benefits.
- Magnesium is responsible for regulating your dog’s muscle and nerve function, blood sugar, and blood pressure.
- Copper plays a host of roles in your dog’s health such as assisting with the formation of collagen, increasing the absorption of iron, and playing a role in energy production.
- Selenium is a trace mineral with a ton of antioxidant properties, and has been found to help prevent free radicals that cause cancer, as well as assisting with protection from heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis, and skin problems.
- Omega-3s provide healthy fats for great skin and coat health.
- Manganese is a power-player, helping with fat and carb metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation.
- More protein, iron, phosphorus, calcium.
This ancient grain is a nutrient powerhouse that balances hormones and boosts immunity.
- Fiber helps slow digestion down so that there is plenty of time to absorb the vital nutrients in each meal your dog eats. It also helps with weight control.
- Plus more protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc to keep your dog healthy!
Carrots are good for humans and great for dogs.
- Vitamin A supports and maintains eye health, immune function, and plays an important role in your dog’s bone development.
- Vitamin K helps with blood clotting and building strong bones.
- Potassium assists with muscle movement, nerve signaling, and blood filtering. Plus, it pumps blood throughout the entire body.
- Even more fiber!
These crunchy bits clean teeth and deliver nutrients.
- Riboflavin and Niacin play major roles in energy production by helping with effective food absorption and metabolic function.
- More protein, Vitamin E, and iron!
Chia seeds are an energy-boosting superfood for a dog who puts health first.
- Natural antioxidants in chia seeds have been shown to stop up to 70% of free radical activity, helping with skin health and inflammation.
- Omega-3’s help protect the heart by lowering blood pressure, and reducing inflammation that may contribute to heart disease.
- Tons of protein, and even more fiber!
This luxurious addition provides the healthiest fats.
- Healthy fats lead to a luscious coat, while also promoting skin health (making it ideal for dogs with allergies).
- More antioxidants help your dog’s body absorb the many vital minerals in each meal.
Expertly formulated by our vet nutritionist Dr. Justin Shmalberg.
- To top it all off, our vet nutritionist adds a healthy extra dose of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin HCl, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic acid, Vinegar, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Citric acid, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, and Molybdenum.
Veggie-loving dogs with special diets can finally join our other #nommers and eat a protein-packed meal bursting with superfoods, just as they deserve.